The formation of JSPS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF INDONESIA (JAAI) was initiated by Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) through 3 workshops on 15 November 2015; 8 December 2015; and 16 December 2015 in Bogor. As a result, an organization structure was proposed. This organization structure has been established in the Declaration and Congress I of JAAI on 17 November 2016 in Cibinong, Bogor.
The JAAI is a science organization of Indonesian Alumni of JSPS for improving their profession and science, integrating all potency and their participation in development of nation and state of the Republic of Indonesia. The objectives of JAAI are (1) to promote scientific exchange and research and cultural collaboration between Indonesia and Japan; (2) to encourage establishing collaborative networks between the JSPS alumni with Japanese scholars through organizing scientific meeting and symposia; (3) to conduct social services.
After the Declaration and Congress I, JAAI was proposed to JSPS in order to get official approval from JSPS as a JSPS Alumni Association. Finally, from the meeting of JSPS Board of Directors on 22 December 2016, JAAI was approved officially by JSPS.
Venue: Salak Heritage Hotel, Bogor, West Java, Indonesia October 31, 2019
Theme: The Role of JAAI to Promote Food, Water, Energy, Humanity, and Environmental Security
Topic: Food, Water, Energy, Human, Environment Security Studies and Its Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Target of Participants: JSPS Alumni in Indonesia, JAAI Registered Members, JSPS Alumni Association in the world, JSPS Delegation, Research Collaborators, Lecturers and Researchers from Universities, Research Institutes, Private Companies, and others.
- Number of participant: 120 participants
- For JAAI Registered Members: Free
- Early Registration for Non JAAI Members: IDR 300,000
- Registration after July 31, 2019: IDR 500,000
- Abstract Submission Deadline : July 15, 2019 August 30, 2019
- Abstract Acceptance Notification : July 31, 2019 September 2, 2019
- Full-paper Submission Deadline : August 15, 2019 September 16, 2019
- Oral / Poster Presentation Notification : August 31, 2019 September 23, 2019
- Early Registration Deadline : September 2, 2019
- Final Registration Deadline : September 16, 2019
Keynote Speaker: Prof. Masaaki Okamoto (Kyoto University) – Indonesian Politics of Science and Technology in the Post-truth Era
Invited Speaker 1: Prof. Bambang Subiyanto (LIPI) – STI for SDG’s in Indonesia: in Case of LIPI Experience
Invited Speaker 2: Dr. Antonio Norio Nakagaito (Tokushima University) – Recent Development on Nanocellulose Technology
Invited Speaker 3: Dr. Insan Fathir (JETRO) – Potency Export to Japan: Information and Facilitation for Indonesia SME’s
Registration and Publication of Symposium Papers:
- The official language of the symposium is in English. Abstract and Full-paper should have written in English.
- Please fill and send the Form of Registration and Abstract here
Editors from below journals will select papers and presented at symposium and published in their journal after peer-reviewed:
- HAYATI J. Bioscience
- J. Gizi & Pangan
- J. Teknologi & Industri Pangan
- Indonesian J. Applied Chemistry
- Makara J. Science
- J. Forestry Research
- J. Ilmu & Teknologi Kayu Tropis
- J. Masyarakat Indonesia
- J. Masyarakat & Budaya
JSPS Alumni Association of Indonesia (JAAI)
Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences (JSPS)
For more details please send your inquires to: jaai.indonesia2019[at]gmail.com